5 things you need to do if your property is damaged

Written by: NFA Public Adjusters

5 things you need to do if your property is damaged

Whether you own a home, one hotel, or a corporation with more than 100 properties, disaster can wreak havoc on your business or your home.

Most people will call their insurance company after suffering some type of property loss, but did you know you have the right to get help with your property insurance claim?

NFA is the leading public adjusting firm in Canada, and we have been helping property owners to recover from disasters for more than 90 years.

For business owners, NFA recommends you immediately take these 5 actions after a loss:

  • Make sure your guests and staff are safe
  • Prevent further damage by containing the results of the disaster
  • Document the damage by taking photographs and video
  • Save all receipts for immediate expenses
  • Hire an expert public adjuster to guide you through complex insurance claims

NFA works for property owners throughout an insurance claim. Our team will review every aspect of your claim and your existing policy to ensure you get the settlement you deserve.

We can uncover issues and coverage limitations that may go unnoticed or may not be disclosed by your insurance company's adjuster.

When you hire NFA, we prepare, present, and defend your claim by generating a complete report about the damage, your insurance terms, and the value of your settlement.

Our clients also settle their claims much faster.

If you experience any type of property damage, contact NFA by emailing ffini@nfa.com or ffini@nfa.com or call 800-790-2622.

We have offices in Ontario with licensed professionals ready to get started with your claim today.